Core Theme 5: RES in Transport
In the Core Theme 5, issues for implementing and achieving the goals from the Renewable Energy Directive 2009/28/EC (RED) will be addressed taking into account that, among others, interactions between the RES Directive and the Fuel Quality Directive have a significant impact on the RES transport. CT5 will focus on implementation of the Directive 2015/17 (Indirect Land Use Changes, ILUC) and the RES Directive 10% target.
It is foreseen that the sessions will include a variety of topics with the subject of 2020 implementation of the RES Directive/ILUC, like:
- Blend wall challenges – e.g. introduce higher level biofuels to achieve the full 10 % target
- Crop cap introductions – shared experience on setting and implementing a cap
- Promotion of Annex IX part (A feedstocks) – shared experience on policies to encourage the development of advanced fuels
- Availability of waste feedstock – shared research on availability of and deployment of waste derived biofuels
- Modal deployment – experience and ideas from participating countries in deploying biofuels in challenging areas (for example: Heavy Good Vehicles)