The Council formally adopts four electricity market design files
The Council adopted the texts of the new electricity market design legislation, which are available under the following links:
- Directive on common rules for the internal market for electricity. https://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/PE-10-2019-INIT/en/pdf
- Regulation on the internal market for electricity. https://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/PE-9-2019-INIT/en/pdf
- Regulation establishing a European Union Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators. https://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/PE-83-2018-INIT/en/pdf
- Regulation on risk-preparedness in the electricity sector. https://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/PE-73-2018-INIT/en/pdf
The new legislative acts only become legally binding when they are published in the EU Official Journal.
Revised Renewable Energy Directive
On 21 December 2018 the revised Renewable Energy Directive 2018/2001 has been published in the EU Official Journal and entered into force on 24 December 2018. The revised directive establishes a binding EU target of at least 32% for 2030.
The text is available here: Renewable Energy Directive (EU) 2018/2001
Source: European Commission - DG ENERGY
2nd Clean Energy Forum
The attendees were representatives of the EU islands, island associations, the European Union, national and local administrations, and the energy industry, who play a key role in the clean energy transition.
They discussed the progress made on the Clean Energy for EU Islands Initiative, enhanced collaboration and shared best practices. The transformation of energy systems, which benefits the local economies, was discussed.
The Forum`s agenda set the following thematic priorities:
- Multilevel governance for clean energy transition
- Building stakeholders' engagement and bottom-up approach to decarbonisation
- Outermost Regions' experience in pursuing zero-emission transformation
- Best practice in planning island-wide decarbonisation
In the course of the event, a call for expression of interest was launched. Islands that wish to receive support for advancing clean energy transition can apply. The call is open until January 15, 2019.
For further information on the call, please contact the EU Islands Secretariat at: myriam.castanie(at)euislands.eu
Please find more information under the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/rise-eu-islands-clean-energy-transition-front-second-forum-lanzarote-highlights-islands-energy-potential-2018-nov-07_en